Rise Organic Cacao / Cocoa Powder 500g, Soil Association certified
- Organic Cacao contains more antioxidants than red wine and up to 3 times more than green tea.
- Cacao beans contain over 300 health promoting compounds, these include, theobromine, phenylethylamine, various polyphenols.
- Rise Organic Cacao Powder is 100% pure and organic and certified organic by the Soil Association as well as registered by the Vegan society
- Cacao powder works really well in cooking, baking, smoothies, hot chocolate, healthy shakes and other food applications
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans too!
What is Cacao?
Cacao is well-known as the basic ingredient in chocolate. In the last few years Cacao has attracted attention alot of attention due to its nutritional richness and mainly health benefits associated with its antioxidant content.
Sourced from South America's tropical climates the Theobroma Cacao tree is sacred with the Mayans & Aztecs. Rise Organics Cacao beans are Organically grown in Peru. They contain more antioxidants than red wine and 3 times more than green tea. The beans contain a large and rich amount source minerals.
The beans are harvested by hand as pods, the raw beans are carefully selected for the finest quality and then fermented to reduce their initial bitterness. Then dried beans after cleaning in natural water. Once cleaned they are peeled and core extracted to be broken down into "nibs".
"Nibs" are ground into Cacao paste. The "fat" from the paste is extracted from solid part, dried and ground finely into Cacao powder.
Organic Cacao Powder is certified organic by the Soil Association under the code GB-ORG-05.
Approved Health Benefits *
Micronutrients in Cacao Powder contribute to:
• nervous system support
• process of cell division & specialisation
• normal muscle function
• normal cognitive function
• protein synthesis
• energy-yielding metabolism
• normal psychological function
• formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
• maintenance of bones & teeth
• oxygen transport in the body